We are excited to announce our coming event co-organised with London & Partners:
London Tech Venture Capital: An Asset Class for Global Investors
Next Wednesday, November 18th, 2015, at 18:00, more than 50 Alt Asset Investors and Beacon Capital ( formerly AngelLab) Venture Partners are gathering to discuss the current state of the UK and London Tech VC funds.
This is an invitation-only event with limited space. If you would like an invitation, please get in touch at email@example.com.
For the full program click here.
17.45 – Registration on 6th Floor, 2 More London Riverside, SE1 2RR
18.00 – Welcome by Beacon (AngelLab) and London & Partners
18.10 – “A Perspective on Opportunities and Challenges for the UK in the Global Technology Revolution” Chris Mairs, CBE, FREng, Co-founder & Chief Scientist at Metaswitch, Chair Code Club, Tech Investor
18.30 – The Case for UK/London in Figures
Beacon (AngelLab) commissioned research on the shifts that make UK/London the next generation tech capital; contrasting UK and US.
18.50 – Insights from three technology businesses founded in London that have reinvented their categories and raised funding from international VCs
- Michael Kent, CEO and Founder of Azimo (Global Money Remittance)
- Ivan Mazour, CEO and Founder of Ometria (Predictive E-commerce Marketing)
- Ross Targett, CEO and Founder of Code Kingdoms (Coding for Children)
19.30 – London Tech VC and Global Alternative Asset Investors
Panel discussion moderated by Paul Norris, UK Government Shareholder Executive, ex-Head of Equity Research Nomura, with panelists including
- Heitor Benfeito, Director, Portugal Ventures
- Ian Connatty, Director, British Business Bank
- Deng Feng, Founding Managing Director, Northern Light Venture Capital
- Pascal Isbell, Partner, Lancea Partners
- Erin Platts, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank UK
- Joe Schorge, Managing Director, Isomer Capital
20.00 – Networking
20.45 – Close
Looking forward to seeing you all.